Thermoforming is a technological process consisting of two stages:
- the first is to warm up the surface of the material slightly above its yield point,
- the second is to impress it in a vacuum chamber, i.e. to give the required shape.
There are three types of thermoforming process: pressure, vacuum and mechanical forming. The best product parameters are obtained using the vacuum thermoforming process, during which we distinguish:
- positive pressing, consisting in the production of products according to the internal shape of the mould,
- negative pressing, consisting in the production of products according to the external shape of the mould.
The greatest advantages of thermoforming are:
- high quality of manufactured products of large dimensions, characterized by small wall thickness,
- low cost of making moulds,
- increase in production efficiency due to the possibility of using multiple forms,
- the possibility of using the thermoforming process for production of: high- and low-volume production,
- free choice of raw material for forming.
For the production of thermoformable elements we use a vacuum thermoformer with a feeder with a maximum working area of 2000x3000 mm, which allows us to carry out practically every order.